If you have a furnace, you should have a carbon monoxide detector

If you have a furnace in your home, like most of us do these days, then you should also make sure that you have a carbon monoxide detector in your home.

Carbon monoxide is often talked about as the silent killer in homes.

One of the main causes of carbon monoxide leaks is the backup of air flowing to your heating system. To prevent a backup of airflow to your heating system, then you have to make sure that you always keep up with the air filter changes during the cold weather months when you are using your heating system often. If you change your air filters throughout the heating season, then your furnace will be able to breathe too, so to speak. Always be sure that your furnace was installed properly by a certified heating and cooling technician. It’s normal for small levels of carbon monoxide to come out in your furnace exhaust, but the gas should not be leaking out into your home. You can make sure that this isn’t happening by having an HVAC technician check for carbon monoxide leaks whenever they come to do regular maintenance on your furnace. Even though carbon monoxide can’t be detected by our human senses, there are other ways to find its presence. Very high humidity can be one such sign, along with soot by the outside of the fireplace, the chimney, or your furnace. The best thing to do is to leave it up to the HVAC professionals. They know best when it comes to keeping your home and family safe from carbon monoxide poisoning.


air conditioning installation