I was devastated the day he never answered his phone and I felt that he must be in bad shape
I wish I would have pushed harder to get my brother to see there was something wrong with his heating system. Whenever I would be in his house for very long, it would be warm but I would start to feel kind of nauseous. I didn’t start feeling better until I was able to get some fresh air. It wasn’t even that the air quality was bad in his house, as least as far as I could tell. When I started seeing the signs that he was really sick, I knew it had to be something with the heating system in his house. I was thinking that he must have a carbon monoxide leak in the house and I urged him to call an HVAC professional to take care of it. He said he couldn’t afford to have an HVAC professional tinkering around and he also thought they would charge him some huge amount. I even offered to pay for the services but he flatly refused, I believe as a matter of pride. I at least urged him to keep the windows open a crack, but he thought I was nuts because that would let the heating escape from the house. The point I was trying to make was he needed the ventilation to get rid of the likely carbon monoxide in the home. I was devastated the day he never answered his phone and I felt that he must be in bad shape. I went there and he didn’t answer the door. I called the police and it was discovered then that his home was filled with carbon monoxide and he was passed out in his bed. He was rushed to the hospital and that’s where he died from acute carbon monoxide poisoning.